Yard Crew Supervisor
Igloo are currently recruiting an experienced Yard Crew Supervisor to work within an Automotive compound environment based in Doncaster, Corby, Portbury and Sheerness.
Salary . £23,000 - £25,000k
Manage a team of compound operatives (up to 30+ people)
Position open to those with previous supervisory experience in a busy working environment, meeting time driven targets for movements of vehicles whilst avoiding damages at all costs. Applicants should have previous supervisory experience and be ready to supervise a pre-existing team of up to 30+ people. Hours are Monday-Friday (45hours per week between the hours of 6am & 6pm) Weekend work /overtime is sometimes required.
- Day to Day management of all Yard activities.
- Plan all staffing through peak periods.
- Ensure all vehicles are handled to and from the compound in a timely, efficient manner.
- Quality minded, monitoring the inspection of vehicles in accordance with the inspection standard, reducing damage.
- Agree targets for efficiency and productivity, meeting all (KPIs).
- Communicate all relevant information in a precise and clear manner.
- Health and safety minded.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience of driving LCV / mini buses.
- External / internal inspection of vehicles.
- Moving vehicles to relevant storage areas and load lanes.
- Working with external contractors to ensure site rules and processes are followed.
- Ensuring all checks are completed prior to vehicle movements and dispatch.
- Reporting faults when identified – damage to vehicles / missing items.
- Ensure all KPI’s are meet and report daily activities.
- Must have knowledge of all Microsoft packages.
- Damage reduction.
To be considered for this position applicants must possess the following experience and competencies.
Hold a Full UK driving licence with a minimum of 5 years’ driving experience.
Previous supervisory experience.
Competent in using computer packages.
Ability to learn new systems and input data onto hand held PDA device.
Conscientious, with the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Due to insurance reasons this role is unsuitable for anyone with a DR10 or more than 6 penalty points on their driving licence.
Experience within the automotive industry, commercial driving, driving left hand vehicles and previous vehicle inspection experience is an advantage.
Ability to converse at all levels.
Review and produce KPI data for monthly meetings.
- Holiday – 20 days paid holiday, this increases with level of service. Plus, 8 bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Bonus scheme
- Employee 25% discount with o2
- Onsite parking
The right candidate for this role will have vehicle handling and inspection experience, the ability to work under pressure, to meet tight deadlines and manage a team up to 30 + people and be able to use own initiative.
Experience within a compound or automotive background preferred but not essential.